Saturday, 20 March 2010

What you don't see


I've been really blessed recently by the videos of healing on the streets that have been appearing on the web. I give God the glory for this but I would like to add my own experience in street ministry. Today as we were on the streets of Bridgend offering free healing prayers we were approached by E. a lady who wanted prayer but was embarrassed to think that anyone would be watching her ask. After making her feel welcome and allowing her to sit on the bench with us she began to share her physical, emotional, and social problems. Yes we prayed for her, but do you know the most important thing she was looking for? SOMEONE TO LISTEN TO HER. The ministry time went on for ages with us just encouraging her, Liz was able to hug and comfort her in her sadness, and I gave her a vision the Holy Spirit gave me for her that made her cry, allowing for more hugs. There was no instant miraculous deliverance, or healing that we could perceive, but one of God's precious ones came into contact with His grace, love , and acceptance today.

No comments:

Post a Comment