Friday, 28 May 2010

The Oasis

In the midst of the dust and the heat of this barren land I can always go in the Spirit to my private oasis. It's a place when the breeze blows gently through the leaves of the date palms, and the sun shimmers on the surface of the water. The temperature is ideal and there is not a cloud in the sky. As I approach I am glad no one is there except my Lover who is relaxing in the water waiting for me. No words are spoken as I enter the pool, we have met here so many times before. I just snuggle up close to Jesus and rest in the beauty of His presence. On other occasions we have been known to splash, and play, and swim in the water together, which is deeper than I thought. As a child I delighted in swimming, and I was good at it; but most of the time I swam alone. No longer am I alone. I can enjoy as much intimacy with Him as I desire, and spend as much time telling how much I love Him as I like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment