Wednesday, 11 May 2011
Thank You Jesus
Reflecting on another birthday is sometimes a little introspective. But first I wish to thank my wife, and sons, for staying with me when things weren't going well for them. They gave me a measure of grace that I did not deserve. My sister is such a blessing, as are all my extended family, and it's so good to be with them when I can. My bridge crew friends will never realise how special they are to me as I could never verbalise the way I feel about them. But I must as ever focus my gaze on my beautiful Jesus. It's a bit of a weird thing to be a Jesus freak as far as this culture is concerned. Remember that awful derogative description 'bible basher', or 'God botherer' people used when they talked about Christians? Well things are different now, people just look down their noses at people with 'faith'. But what I am trying to say on my 68th. birthday is. I don't really give a rip. I don't give a rip if I haven't got it together, whether my spiritual disciplines are all in order, or if I don't have a world wide ministry in the latest Christian trend. My ears are duff, and my left hip needs replacing, and I wear glasses. Real ale seems to be a bit too nice, and I still think food is too enjoyable. But in grace it's Daddy's job to get me through. Hey He started this salvation thing anyway, and if He isn't big enough to look after us then we are all up the creek. Thank you Jesus for being in me as my life, my big Brother, my Saviour, Friend, King and Bridegroom. I love you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment