STOP. In the name of love. (Isn't that a lyric from a long forgotten song?) I digress. STOP. Just for a minute, get alone, sit down make yourself a cup of your favourite brew and contemplate on this.
He who began a good work in you will continue it right up until Christ's return, developing that good work and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. Phil. 1:6.
Who is at work in you? Holy Spirit Himself. Is it a good work? Oh yes. Will He continue right up until Jesus comes? Yes. So why not let Him get on with it? The companion verse is a blast.
Not in your own strength (doing anything that is), for it is God who is all the while at work in you both to will and to work for His good pleasure, and satisfaction, and delight. Phil. 2:13 (I added bits).
I used to see those verses academically, but now I believe them. It makes a lot of difference not trying to help God out. I used to be so insecure I thought that If I didn't do anything nothing would get done and I would displease God. Oh what change has come. The gospel truth is breaking in, and it's glorious.
When you enter Daddy's rest at new birth, you are supposed to cease from your own labours. Religion doesn't like that so it prompts us to add stuff to the truth. But I would encourage you to RETIRE. Retire from your own works and let the Spirit of Christ get on with it. Do I understand it? No way it's mystical. I've given up, ceased,stopped, retired.
Now I am anticipating basket loads of fruit to manifest without me even thinking about it. Yipeeeeeeeee.

No comments:
Post a Comment