Friday, 11 March 2011

Can heroes be weak?

Jesus said He was meek and lowly of heart. Nowhere do we see Jesus mentioning any of His strengths, but we do hear of Him asking the disciples to pray for Him in His time of need. I believe His strength can be found in His deep dependency on Holy Spirit. You have to be weak in your own strength to be dependent on another. When Jesus declared to His listeners that the Kingdom of God had arrived, He was signalling a shift of allegiance. If you choose Jesus, you choose His Kingship. But at the heart of following Jesus is the issue of trust. What a deep and complex area trust is. I can't love Jesus if I don't trust Him, and I cant obey Him if I don't love Him.
In the last 28 yrs. of my life there has been one single issue that has often been addressed but never really dealt with. Until this issue is once and for all sorted, I shall never become the hero that I yearn to be, and will by definition lead a compromised life until the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment