Saturday, 12 March 2011

Continuing saga of the least of the least Evangelists........

Having returned my trusty scooter to shopmobility today I engaged in conversation with a young woman having a smoke on her work break. It was an amicable conversation, the sort that happen spontaneously, and doesn't appear to have any lasting impact.
I left her saying to the Lord. 'Nothing much happened there, I didn't cast out any demons, or tell her about you. All I seem able to do is be friendly and polite.'
'Listen to Me.' was all I heard in reply.
Later as I stood in line for the bus home, we had to wait while they changed drivers, I remarked to a man next to me, who I recognised from previous journeys; that I encountered a driver change quite frequently. This started a conversation that was to continue in the bus. He had lost his wife to cancer last October and because he and his wife were so close at 71 yrs. old he has no supporting family, or friends. I just listened and to be truthful I also listened to the Lord. I didn't here Him say anything. I've never lost a partner so I didn't know what the man was going through, but I was genuinely interested in listening to him, and tried not to say anything too stupid or insensitive.
He left the bus before me and the Holy Spirit said. 'Would you have wanted to say anything about Me in that conversation with the man?'
I thought for a moment and replied. 'I didn't want to say anything to him that would have given him the idea that he was an item on my agenda, as he said he was quite suspicious.'
'Can you believe that I arranged that and My presence on you was sufficient to let him know there was something different about you?'
'Yes Lord I can.'
'You will see him again. Stay open to my voice.'

No comments:

Post a Comment