On the broken crucified body of Jesus Christ the false, deceitful, charade of the demoniacally inspired Adamic lifestyle was crushed. 'It is finished'. Those triumphant words of Jesus echoed around heaven, earth, and hell, with such power that from that moment on all things would become new. In His death and resurrection a new species of human beings was birthed. The old false self centred lifestyle gave way to a new Christ centred lifestyle. Once it was 'me' who had to make his way in the world working, achieving, sweating, striving for love, success, and identity; and not finding reality. How could I have found reality in deception and fiction? How could I have found truth in lies and confusion, how could I have found light in darkness? Now it is Jesus Himself who has become my life. There is no independent me, no I central to the cosmos. That is the deception of satan, he thinks he is an independent god, but he is mistaken. He has passed on the lies and false information to all in Adam.
But now in the truth that is Christ I see I am free to be. I am free to be a container, a branch of the vine attached to Life which is Christ. I am in the Godhead united with Father and Son in the Spirit. Grace means I don't have to strive to be, I am. I don't have to 'do' anything. You can't imagine what that feels like. All I have to do is believe, believe I am loved as Jesus is loved. Believe I am free from falsehood, and lies; free to believe I am who I've always wanted to be. Most importantly free to allow the Holy Spirit to show me the slendour of God's plan, and desire for His loved ones. I can trust because His extends His trust, I can love because He is love, I can believe because it is His faith that's given to me. The exchanged life is so much more rewarding, so much more fulfilling, so much more abundant; as Jesus said it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment