Monday, 26 July 2010

Lonliness


I was in town this morning. The sun was out, it was relaxed, I had met a couple of people I knew, and before catching the bus home I popped into Fox's for a pint. It's very comfortable wine bar and I was able to sit looking out at people passing by. After a little while I began to experience a sense of loneliness. I didn't think it was for me but for men in general. Men have their own pressures, they are expected to be good bread winners, good partners, good fathers, good at everything really. We all know that men fail. The problem is this sense of failure brings with it a feeling of loneliness. I don't think many men are able to articulate the emotional stuff that goes on in their lives. The answer is Jesus, and His love, but how many men have an opportunity, or desire, to share their personal pain with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment