Saturday, 31 July 2010
Grace
When Jesus described the Holy Spirit to His disciples He used the the phrase, 'He will guide you into all truth.' The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth. Part of His amazing ministry to the body of Christ is to continually, lovingly, and steadfastly bring truth into our lives. Having been brought up in a fallen world with a mindset that is programmed by miss truth and lies, the Holy Spirit is the person to aid me as I seek to have my mind renewed to truth. One of the biggest problems the Spirit works on in my life is the lie that works, and performance, earn acceptance. This lie is so subliminal that half of the time I don't know I'm thinking that way until I am gently prodded with the truth. Abba is telling Me continuously that 'works', and performance is not the most important emphasis, love is. His love for us is unconditional. Not conditioned by our performance, or behaviour. Ouch! This is where grace comes in. Almighty God, creator of the universes, Holy, and Righteous, chooses to love us, because He chooses to love us, not determined by what we do. This is the gospel, the pure wine of the gospel. I am loved because God chooses to love me, all of me, all of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment