Friday, 2 July 2010
What did the Rock stand on?
What kept Jesus motivated, obedient even unto death. He wasn't a 'driven' man in the way we understand the word in Western culture, but He was determined, focussed, dedicated; and at the same time relaxed and unhurried. Yes he knew He was the Son of God, yes He knew He was the Messiah, yes He knew there was going to be one gigantic wonderful wedding feast being prepared, and yes I believe He knew about the forthcoming birth of the Church.
But looking at His time on earth, particularly during His short ministry period, for me one thing is growing in importance and influence as I spend time with the Holy Spirit. Looking at the verses in John 5 where Jesus talks about doing nothing on His own initiate, I immediately related that to 'works', and that's partly true. Again as He talks to the disciples in John 14 prior to Gethsemane He reiterates the truth by stating ' but the Father who lives continuously in Me does the works ( His own miracles, deeds of power). In case we get side tracked into the works paradigm as He is telling them about the soon coming Comforter He says, 'At that time, (when that day comes) you will know (for yourselves) that I am in My Father, and you (are) in Me, and I am in you.' The most important prayer Jesus offered prior to His arrest is recorded in John 17 Jesus is speaking back to the Father the words the Father has given Him to speak. It's about unity of the church, but it's the spiritual unity Jesus is praying about. That somehow we who are recreated are now in grafted into the Godhead it's self.
Paul has a real revelation of Christ in us the hope of glory which he passes on to the church. But my point is that until I get a personal revelation of having Jesus and the Father in me as Jesus promises in John 14:23 somehow I will still think I am important, and I have something to contribute. But the One we know as the Rock stood on the truth that the Father was in Him. He was never alone, never moved by men's opinions, never influenced by religion or the world, never gave up or failed. He had the deep heart, and spiritual revelation that He was INDWELT BY AGAPE. Love Himself was united to Jesus, and Love Himself has chosen to come to live in those ragamuffins who trust in the perfect sacrifice of Yeshua the Messiah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment