What about the need to succeed, what about the need to accomplish things in our lives? I am so thankful for the grace and patience of the Holy Spirit, but Oh! His faithfulness is amazing. Yesterday morning the Lord straightened it out for me. I appreciate that this is all pretty subjective, but I pray it blesses you too. In the natural the link between works and identity is so strong, there is also a lie that tells us that we can only be successful if we achieve good stuff, or 'do something' with our lives. The Holy Spirit caused me to look closely at what Jesus said about His own life. Jesus was approved as a 'person' by Daddy at the river Jordan before Jesus did any miracles. That's to remind me that my acceptance from my Father is unconditional not based on my works or performance. But what about the 'stuff' Jesus did, didn't that rack up a few brownies in God's eyes?
Jesus said that it was the Father that was continually working, that they were the Father's works, and that He did nothing out of His own initiative. So what did Jesus do? He did what the Father was doing. He partnered with the Father. Well I had told God years ago that I wanted to live the same way that Jesus lived. So I can partner with Daddy and do the works that He is doing. Who gets the glory? Jesus does. My reward is to be included, that sorts out my ego based need to be successful, and achieve in life.
How did Jesus know what the father was doing? After 27.5 years I am just getting a handle on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment