Seeing the covering of about 4 inches of snow on the ground this morning I decided to take a leisurely stroll to the shops to get my daily newspaper. It was so rewarding to be able to talk to nearly everybody who I came in contact with because I suppose they had slowed down to enjoy the seasonal weather. On the way back I called into see P. who lives around the corner from me, and is a very special lady. She enjoyed her 90th. birthday party last October and I visit her every week just to say HI. I've known P. for years and we have grown very fond of each other, but this morning she was genuinely glad to see me.
She had tears in her eyes when I arrived and she was so very happy that I had bothered to take time to pop in and say hello. I guess I don't really appreciate how lonely she is during the day. I just wanted to remind you that every act of kindness you show to someone, Father watches. I have been so blessed as I didn't know how much pleasure I could bring to someone by just turning up.
No comments:
Post a Comment