Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Psalm 23


Jesus said that he came to heal the broken hearted. I am so glad about that aren't you? Much of our hurts and pain is rooted in lies that we chose to believe, particularly when we were younger. Jesus also said we were to know the truth and the truth would set us free. Is there a link between the truth of scripture, and having healed hearts? I think so. Fear also operates through deception, and fear has no place in love, as perfected love casts out fear. The core issue is to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Not to think as the world thinks, and not to continue thinking and agreeing with the lies we grew up with, hence Psalm 23.

The fear of lack, spawned by the orphan 'spirit' causes anxiety and jealousy, and covetousness. The fear that I will never have enough, makes me jealous of others who have more than me, and will promote the urge to offset the anxiety by working to attain 'things'. This is a familiar worldly mindset, which is part of the Babylon system we all grew up in. But it is totally un Godly. The Babylon system of the world seeks to prosper apart from God, to live apart from God, and is totally self centred. I must repent. Turn from that way of thinking and choose by faith to agree with the truth.  THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT LACK.............If I continue to sow truth then I shall reap a harvest. There is truth in God's word for whatever is ailing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment