Have you had one of those Eureka moments lately? You know when the penny finally drops and you see something clearly. I am so grateful to God my Everlasting Father that He knows me so well. He knows what I need to know before I do. He knows what He needs to get to me to move me along the journey I'm on. It's the same for you if you are a christian. One thing I've always been thankful for is having people in the body of Christ to look up to. God will put someone in my life that I will look at and say to myself. 'Well if it worked for them then It'll work for me.' Or 'If God has done it for them, then I can be sure He can do it for me.' Before I went sojourning on the Algarve I bought a couple of books to take with me. They were written by a woman in ministry of whom I have always had a great deal of respect, but I hadn't had any contact with her ministry for ages. But God knew I needed to re-connect with her teaching again.
This lady and I have such a lot in common. But God has worked in her life in an amazing way, and reading her books has encouraged me so much. If He has done it in her life, and He has, then He will do it for me. God has always been able to use books in my life. I got saved with the help of books, as well as the Bible, and I've always been open the the written word. Which brings me to my Eureka moment this morning. For my life to change, I first have to believe the truth. But more importantly I am the one that has to take authority over my mind. We have always been told the battlefield is between the ears, and it really is. But sadly I've been negligent in bringing my mind into line with God's truth. Now that has to change and together with Holy Spirit I am the one that has to be determined to do it.
For my life to straighten out, my thinking has to straighten out.
No comments:
Post a Comment