Monday, 25 October 2010

You will know (as a reality) the truth, and the truth will set you free......

Jesus said His words were spirit and they were life. I also look at them as keys. Keys to unlock potential. Deception is always emphasised by fear, fear and lies exist side by side, so truth and freedom must co-exist; it's what we choose to believe makes or breaks us. Let me ask you a pointed question. Why is the church not noted for good news? It is my perception, and I may be wrong, but consistently the church has offered the world a sin based, fear based message. I don't believe God looks at the world the way His church does, and we really need to alter our thinking to align with His.
For example. Why do we not emphasise that it's the goodness of God that leads to repentance. If they knew God loved them  it's pretty reasonable to assume that most people would want to follow Him. Jesus never looked at the outward appearance of people, He only looked at their hearts. I believe Jesus was as bonkers over the people of His generation, as He is over our generation. For me the root issue is acceptance. Ask any christian, does God accept people, and I expect you will get a variety of answers. Check it out on yourself. Does God accept the average Joe and Jane in your neighbourhood? See what your answers is, and check it against scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment