Sunday, 31 October 2010

In the beginning was the Word........

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Have you ever really sat down and thought about how Almighty God, the Creator of all things could humble Himself and become flesh? I must admit I don't understand how that happened. I know the human egg needs sperm to begin the journey of life. Somehow the Word became a real human being in a real human womb, was born and grew up in a family. The angel told Mary that she would conceive in her womb and bring forth a son. When she asked the angel how this could be as she had not known a man, the angel replied. 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, the Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God...' Luke 1:35. So the Word became the egg, and the Holy Spirit became the catalyst for the conception? As I said I don't understand it, but I believe Jesus was born of a virgin supernaturally, and that He is fully God, and fully man.
As I was pondering this I thought about what happened to us at new birth? The Holy Spirit came upon me and the power of the Highest overshadowed me, and I was reborn. Was I reborn into a perfect human being? Or was there more to it, and I need greater revelation. Was I reborn into a son of the Most High, a son of God? Have I the same genetic make up as Jesus in my spirit? Am I in fact a chip off the old block?
Isn't it exciting travelling along with the Holy Spirit? It's a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment