Jesus's teaching in John ch. 5 has always intrigued me. Not only that it has been in my heart for years to live like that. Forgive me for mentioning it again.
This morning Jesus spoke to my heart. 'I want to go to the library.'
'OK Lord, no problem I'll get right onto it.' I replied. Alighting from the bus He said, 'Go upstairs in the library sit down and have a read.'
We have that facility in the town library so that is what I did.
After a bit He said, 'I want to go to the Post Office.'
Oh! I forgot to mention I had missed the bus I intended to catch, you will see why that is important in a minute. After hanging about outside the Post Office in the rain for a while He asked, 'Would you like to catch the quarter past bus home?'
'Not a bad idea.' I replied. I walked back up to the bus station with 5 mins. before the bus came. I got there in time and shortly after my arrival the bus came into view and I got off my seat and went to a door that leads me out to the end of the queue for my bus. As I approached the door I encountered K. a young woman I used to work with in ASDA. She left to give the tourist industry a try and I hadn't seen her for a bit. I embraced her and putting my mouth close to her left ear I whispered.
'God loves you so much, and you are special to Him.'
We only had time for a couple of pleasantries before I had to get on my bus.
God knew who He wanted me to speak to today. He knew where K. was going to be and at what time, so he organised the whole thing.
My part? JUST TO LISTEN AND OBEY. Just like Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment