Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Shift.

Not so much a shift in speed, more like a shift into deeper experience. Replacing lies in our thinking with truth from God's word requires determination and perseverance, two manifestations of God's grace. But as we don't give up and continue to maintain our minds on a war footing, sowing and speaking truth little by little the shift begins. Why do I use war terminology? We christians have an enemy and we are at war, whether we understand it, or acknowledge it. Deception is the enemies main battle tank, and if we think we are immune to deception then the chances are we are already deceived. I remember an illustration John Wimber used to highlight this. Most christians he said thought that when they got saved they went on board a cruise liner, when the reality is they are drafted onto a troop carrier in full uniform.
One of the greatest truths I have been given these last few weeks is this. If I want change in my life, then I have to change my thinking. And I am the one who has to chose what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment