That wasn't the question God asked me yesterday, this is the question He asked me this morning. I believe not only does He know the answer to the question, but in some supernatural way He had already placed it in my heart. Have you ever been asked that question? I sincerely hope so. One thing a question like this does is it activates faith, because you know it's not going to be fulfilled by natural resources. I turned to Romans chapter four for some encouragement.
Abraham got a promise from God. He had no human reason for hope so he activated his faith. He didn't weaken in faith when he considered the impotence of his own body, and he didn't waver through doubt or mistrust. He was fully satisfied and assured that God was true to His word, and had the power to keep the promise. Interestingly God changed Abram's name when he was 99 yrs. old to reflect who he was to become. So Abraham went around talking the promise about himself.
'I am Abraham the father of many nations, and Sarah is a mother of nations.' Gen. 17.
Here we see the God who gives life to the dead, and speaks to those things that be not as though they were, actively involved in Abraham's life not only to bless him, but to bring about His own divine will.
God hasn't changed. Give Him a chance to let Him ask that question of you, and then see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment