Thursday, 2 September 2010

Amazed.


Earlier in the week I was thinking where me and memsahib could go today for a drive as the weather is still gorgeous. I contemplated some options but my mind came fixed on going to Chepstow. I thought it was a good idea to take some photos in the area and also to check my reservation in a local hotel that I had made last year for the Beachley Old Boys Association shindig on the 18th. After a leisurely picnic in the castle grounds, and a walk down to the river Wye I went into the hotel reception. No I was not on the list for the 18th. and the manager who 'does the emails', wasn't in till 3pm. There was a room available, which in itself was fantastic as Chepstow gets full up for the BOBA get together. It was a double and cost £10 more than the single I had already been promised, so I booked it. I told the receptionist to tell the manager I wasn't a happy chappie and left telling her I would dig out the email from the Hotel and bring it with me so I had leverage for a £10 pound discount.
I'm amazed that the Holy Spirit can drop a thought into my mind that not only gives me a great day out but prevents an incident when I turn up at said Hotel later in the month and find I'm not booked in. It has happened to me once before in my home town Tiverton when I booked for a rock and roll weekend and I had to sleep on the lounge floor of the B&B because the person who took my booking and didn't write it in the calendar, had moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment