Monday, 6 September 2010

More Discipleship...


An idea I had for a long time was to ask if I could pray for anyone seeking a a job outside our local Job Centre. This morning on my way to the bus station I stopped beside the centre and waited until a young man and a girl hand in hand came towards me. I politely asked if they were looking for a job, they answered that they were. I said in reply that I could not give them a job, but asked if I could pray for them to find a job. Go for it, or something like that the lad said. His female friend seemed a bit embarrassed, but I launched into prayer regardless. I shook the lads hand after I had finished and they went into the building. I moved across the way a little and paused for thought.
'Did I tell you to do that?', a soft voice whispered.
'No.' I replied quietly.
'So then why did you do it?'
'I thought it was a good idea'.
'Son I'm telling you I don't need your good ideas, all I ask you to do is what I ask you to do. Is there any part of that you don't understand?'
'No Daddy you have made it plain enough even for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment