This morning the Lord said that He would send someone to me down at our local shops. So before lunch I donned my trainers and went for a walk, which conveniently brought me to the shops. Sitting on a rather cold steel bench I started to watch the people around me all the time asking the Holy Spirit if this was the one. After a lot of 'Nos' I was once again having to draw on Christ's patience, and determination to stick with it.
After quite a while I turned to my right and saw this rather large young woman about to cross the road and come towards the shops. I asked Daddy if this was the one. 'Yes'. The voice came to me. Not wishing to miss her I got off the bench and caught up her on the pavement. I introduced myself, expecting her to stop, but she didn't. So I quickly said, 'I just want to tell you that God loves you,' as she continued walking. She was pretty much past me by now but she turned her head and gave me a look that could wither a wombat at 100 paces.
I began to walk home feeling a bit deflated.
'That didn't go well Lord,' I said.
'She gave you an ugly look as she feels ugly inside, and doesn't believe anyone loves her. I can use what you said to her. That's all I wanted you to do. Well done son.' Came the reply.

What a wonderful confirmation from the Lord! Without relying on Him we often miss His intentions. Great testimony even though it may not have had the results you had hoped for.
ReplyDelete