Sunday, 5 September 2010
More Lord.
In the Holy Spirit academy classes are tailor made for each individual irrespective of gender, age, or nationality. I have been in a class called Discipline for a while now. I don't know if anyone else has been in there with me but it's not so much hard, as 'focussed'. The basis of the 'instruction' is the obedience to what God is actually saying, not just in the word, but from the very Word Himself.
I'll give you an example. Recently God was re-emphasising His explicit desire for me to tell people He loves them. I won't bore you with the issues I flung up over that since the nineteen eighties, but you know God, He is persistent. He told me that I was to speak the words to the people.
'Signs and wonders are good, social action is good, relationships are good, but you must speak the words to the people. Just as in Jesus's time man is accountable to the words he hears.' So we have been developing that together in the practical part of the lesson. Just the other day as I was reading from John's gospel, and focussing on Christ's willingness and desire to do the Father's will, and not His own I came upon these scriptures.
'Anyone who rejects Me and persistently sets Me at naught, refusing to accept My teachings, has his judge [however]; for the [very] message that I have SPOKEN will itself judge and convict him at the last day. This is because I have never spoken on My own authority, or of my own accord, or as self-appointed, but the Father Who sent Me has Himself given Me orders......... John 12:48,49. Amp.
Having a desire to live like Jesus is the green light for the Holy Spirit to get to work. As it was for Jesus so it is for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment