Saturday, 11 September 2010
Another lesson...
Yesterday in town I met a fellow Christian and arranged to meet up this morning for a spot of outreach, I agreed to bring along my 'free healing prayer' sign. At the agreed time he was nowhere to be seen and my sign was still in the bin liner. I waited another 15 mins. and by this time I was sure I had been set up by God as my friend was still missing. I had never been into town with my sign alone, now I faced one of two strategies. I could either get back on the bus and go home, or get the sign out and see what God was going to do.
I will be honest with you it took me a bit of time to air the sign after walking round town and discussing the situation with Dad. But I did manage it and sat on a seat in full view of a pedestrian crossing and a moderate pedestrian flow. I sat there and sat there and time seemed to stand still. I realised that this exercise was not about who God wanted to heal but for me to have my reputation shattered. After a long time an Indian lady and her small son sat on the bench next to me, and after a while her husband joined her. He asked me where he could buy cheap suitcases as he had been told Bridgend was the place. As I chatted with him he asked me what the sign was for as he couldn't understand it. So I had a good opportunity to explain to him that Jesus paid for our healing on the cross and I was just offering to pray for anyone who asked. That seemed to satisfy him, and the family moved off with goodbyes all round.
The Holy Spirit then told me not to leave town until a certain time and that I wasn't to put the sign back in the bin liner until I reached the bus station. On the way back to the bus station I was directed to give a lady selling the big issue £5. I found the lady who is from Rumanian [I think] and knelt on the floor in front of her and asked her if she spoke English. She indicated a little so I gave her the money. I asked her name, and explaining I was a Christian, asked if I could pray for her. Well this little lady's face was beaming and all she could say was, 'Thank you', 'Thank you very much'. What a privilege to be able to enter the lives of these dear ones whose culture and background is so different from mine. Thank you Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment