Thursday, 26 August 2010
Discipline...
Ever since I became a Christian I've always been fascinated by the life of Jesus. The way He lived and did ministry, everything about Him is so awesome. Naturally I began to articulate my hearts desire to be like Him to Father. Twenty eight years in I find my self in a situation of extreme discipline. For the past few months the Lord has emphatically spoken to me about the priority of relationship, and listening to His voice. Jesus explained this to His listeners in John chapter 5, and it's always been part of my desires. But do you know what? I find it extremely difficult to hear His voice when I am talking to other people. I find myself rabbiting on in my usual charming way, but not hearing what Jesus may want to say. Then of course come obedience, now that's another story. I was a bit frustrated yesterday about my difficulties and felt a bit like jacking it in, but Daddy was quite strong with me. He reminded me of how many times Thomas Edison failed to create the electric light bulb, but he never quit. He asked me how long would a concert pianist practise to be perfect, or how many times a baseball pitcher would hone his skills? Perseverance, and determination are not words heard a lot in our culture but they are important to God. I've got to get stuck in and learn some 'stick to it ness.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment