Friday, 6 August 2010

The Journey starts with One Step.


I found having Liz and Jonathan, both minimalist eaters, I don't know if they would be comfortable with the term vegan; with me in Germany quite challenging. I took a look at Jon's. website when I can home. Honestly I haven't really looked after my body living in the arrogance that having a good constitution was enough. Well Hallelujah Acres in N. Carolina took my eye, and one of their books, the Hallelujah Diet, was available on Amazon so I ordered it. I didn't take much convincing to see that I had really been abusing my body by the things that I ate and drank. I also knew that my excess weight, and lack of discipline, had to be addressed. I had been praying about some addictive traits in my lifestyle for some time expecting God to 'deliver' me as He had done over my nicotine addiction 27yrs. ago, but nothing had changed. I am more convinced now that God used the trip to Germany as a catalyst to front me up to take responsibility for my own health and well being.
So I took the plunge last Wed. and began a whole new lifestyle. I am experiencing some mild detox symptoms but will press through because I know benefits will come. Already I am amazed with the fact that I don't feel hungry, and my desire for alcohol has abated. I'll keep you updated.   Hallelujah Acres

No comments:

Post a Comment