Monday, 23 August 2010

It may be small, but it's important.


This morning the Holy Spirit told me he would send someone to me if I went into town. It was pouring with rain as I got on the bus but fortunately it has eased off a bit when I arrived at the bus station. I went to get my daily paper in Smith's and as I left the shop the Spirit began to direct me around the streets. After I while I was directed to stand on a corner where the bridge over the Ogmore river joins the town. So I waited, I soon got bored and told the Spirit. 'Wait a bit more'. Was the reply. This happened twice more so I stayed put. Then without me noticing him a young man with a piece of paper in his hand was on my left side. He was obviously a foreigner and he asked me where the place was that was written on his note. It happened to be our civic offices so I moved around the corner a couple of steps, with him following me, and I pointed across the river to the building. He had his piece of paper out of my hand and was moving off when I asked him where he was from.
'Latvia', he said.
'God bless you, and have a good day'. I replied as he walked away form me.
'Daddy was that it?' I asked.
'That's it.' came the reply.
It may not have be very significant for me but I believe every little encounter is very important to God. Who knows what the Spirit can do with that small sentence of mine in the heart of a young man from Latvia.

No comments:

Post a Comment