Monday, 9 August 2010

Onwards and Upwards


I knew that Saturday would be a challenge as I had to get up early for the Breakfast Run with no time for my barley powder [instead of breakfast], and I had to face the night shift on Street Pastors. Well the morning was successful. I didn't find it too difficult as the bacon and sausages were being cooked for the rough sleepers, nor did I help myself to a spare bacon roll at the end of the ministry. The night proved to be more problematic and I was hungry after eating a banana at the first 'tea break' so I admit to having two slices white toast, not good; and a pot noodle as well. The pot noodle is probably less harmful than you may think as most of the ingredients are natural, and there are no additives.
I admit to finding the salads a bit boring and not very tasty at the moment, so I must experiment with ways of firing up the taste. That's the trouble with meat and processed foods, they are design to be enjoyable as there is plenty of money involved to make sure they are. I wait with anticipation for my taste buds to return to enjoying good wholesome foods.
I'm having a day out with a friend of mine in Cardiff tomorrow. I have yet to tell him about my lifestyle change, and I look forward to his reaction. I'm looking forward to poking around in the Deli's as I want to buy some apple cider vinegar if I can find some, and anything else that I might find interesting. I'm sure I can find some veggie shops in the City. I have been encouraged by both Liz, and Jonathan, when I told them about my choice to switch to healthy eating. They email me very complimentary responses and some tips too.
So it's onwards and upwards. Only 5 days in and my water intake is increasing well, oh and I went for a walk this morning for the first time in ages and found my hip less troublesome. Good to be out in the fresh air even if it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment