Wednesday, 11 August 2010

On Course

Yesterday I had a great visit with my pal John in Cardiff. It was such a pity it rained heavily, and right up until I arrived back into Bridgend. I bought a coffee for John and a bottle of water for me in Wetherspoons and we had a good old natter. Then we plucked up strength and nipped over to an arcade off St. Mary's Street, where I was able to buy my apple cider vinegar in a health food shop. We also strolled around a deli. and made a visit to the indoor market where I bought a fresh salad take away, and John picked up a roll. I had told John about my move to healthy eating and he was very supportive. He had been doing a little experimenting himself because of health issues in his family, and he wants to protect himself. I got home just after 3pm and was pleased that I had made the effort to see him.
I had the vinegar for lunch today on my salad, and it was very tasty. I also juiced some carrots that Chris got in our veg. box  which we get from our local smallholder. It tasted OK and I put the remainder in the fridge for tomorrow. I've been sticking with the water and find I am getting a liking for it now, which is a bonus.
Tomorrow is weighing day, it will be interesting to see how I have got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment