Monday, 30 August 2010
PARADIGM SHIFT, again?
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind, is an easily recognisable verse from scripture, sometimes the application isn't so easy. My problem is I get a little revelation on a subject, then promptly move off onto something else the next day. I'm so glad that in this season God is nailing me, yipeee. The most important thing Daddy wants me to grasp is at least two fold. I say two fold with trepidation, as I know like a diamond it will be multi faceted. The first is centred on the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, and His resurrection. He did all of it, I can't add a thing to it, and that I shouldn't try; but hey, don't we all subconsciously if nor overtly? Very important in all of this is that Christ's sacrifice is the only offering Daddy will accept. This frees us up to turn away from ourselves and to focus on Jesus alone, and on His performance. The second revelation involves the indwelling presence of Jesus in my spirit. Some people say heart, but I prefer spirit. Let me ask you a question. Why did God want to come and live in us? Yes for relationship to be restored. OK let me rephrase the question. If Jesus, and the Father come to live in us by the Spirit do you think He wants to remain in our spirits doing nothing while we continue to live out our so called 'christian' life?
Is it not so called 'christian humanism' if we live our lives expecting God to strengthen us, or empower us, so we can do what we think we should do for Him. Isn't it more honouring to God to humbly recognise His indwelling presence, and ask Him what He wants to do in and through us? Here is a little word Daddy whispered to me this morning.
'It's not you receiving strength from Me to live on a daily basis, but about you humbling yourself and allowing Me to live through you, with my resources. That is why listening to Me is so important. You listen not so much for what you are to do, but for what I wish to do.'
The paradigm shift is away from me and onto Jesus in every area of my existence here sojourning on planet earth. So in all things He may have the supremacy. This is not to say that the presence of the Holy Spirit is not continually working in us both do will and to do of the Father's will, He just wants us to recognise the right way to live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment