Friday, 20 August 2010

Wandering

 I do quite a bit of wandering. Earlier in my life I spent a lot of time loitering for Jesus, a habit I learnt a long time ago when I first came home on leave from the Army. Then I just loitered around town waiting for some one to talk to. I needed a couple of things in town so I grabbed the bus. Having the bus pass is such a great blessing, it's the best thing WAG has come up with in my opinion. I wandered over to ASDA where I am always given a warm welcome by my ex colleagues, and where Jesus always gives me opportunities to minister. G. was there on her electric scooter. She goes to a local pentecostal church and is always such a blessing. Being able to encourage her is a real tonic. Then there was a lady in George, the clothing department. Conversations are often quick but today I had time to tell her that Jesus loved her, and that she is real special to God. Just saying Hi to the girls on the till is such a fillip for them in their daily, often tedious routines. I never underestimate a smile and a wave. L. whose marriage broke up recently was feeling much better than the last time I spoke with her, and I just stood by her and let the Glory of God influence her. There was a young girl on the check outs in Wilkinsons that I was able to interact with. Jesus was very good at making relationships, and I want to be like Him. I always address staff by their name if I can read it on their name badge.
Going to the bus station I managed a quick God loves to to H. a lady I often see in town but today she was too busy to stop. Nothing is ever wasted by the Holy Spirit, it may not seem like a super duper spiritual day but for me I never underestimate the small relational bridges in my life. Friends are the highest placed people to influence the world for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment